November 15, 2009

Third Day - Show Me Your Glory

I caught a glimpse of Your splendor
In the corner of my eye
The most beautiful thing I’ve even seen
And it was like a flash of lightning
Reflected off the sky
And I know I’ll never be the same

Show me Your glory
Send down Your presence
I want to see Your face
Show me Your glory
Majesty shines about You
I can’t go on without You, Lord

When I climb down the mountain
And get back to my life
I won’t settle for ordinary things
I’m gonna follow You forever
For all of my days
I won’t rest ‘till I see You again

Show me Your glory
Show me Your glory
I can’t live without You



Pastor preached from Exodus 33, whereby Moses asked the Lord to show him His glory. I kept thinking of this song as Pastor preached.

18 Then Moses said, "Now show me your glory."

19 And the LORD said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20 But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

21 Then the LORD said, "There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen."

Our God is so holy that we all sinners will not be able to stay alive if we see His face. But still, He loved us and never stop showing His glory. Sometimes we like to take things in our own hands and do not allow God to show us what He can do for us when we ask.

I have learnt that sometimes when we are faced with difficult situation that we think that is impossible to handle, just ask and wait on Jesus. I have learnt that sometimes we need to do nothing and just let God take control and things will happen in His time. We may be impatient and still want to do something about it because we do not see any thing taking place and we thought that God is not going help us.

Now I have learnt to let go, just trust and relax (how on earth can we do that??!!). That really works for me because I know my God is powerful and I've let His glory be shown to me and that will be my great testimony to share to others so that others can also see how glorious my God is!

Behind the Song:
“Max Lucado likes to say that when we are asking for God’s glory, you are asking for more of God Himself. What a powerful prayer! If we all continue to seek for God to reveal Himself to us, we would surely, like Moses in this song, never be the same.” – Mark Lee (Third Day)

No comments:

Post a Comment