April 22, 2010

4HIM - Fill The Earth

As the ball of sunset fire
Falls into the sea
And the diamond lights start dancing
In the sky of ebony
All that I see before me
Screams out your glory

Chorus:
You fill the earth with beauty
And leave us so amazed
You fill the earth with power
That takes our breath away
Lord we are your people
And for all our days
We long to fill the earth
Fill the earth with Your praise

In the mighty wind and water
That pounds upon the shore
In the rivers when they’re raging
And the thunder when it roars
Creator, Sustainer
It could not be plainer

Chorus

Bridge:
World of wonder around us
How Your works astound us!






April 22nd is marked as Earth Day and here is a song that we can sing to celebrate! When God created the heavens and the earth, the earth was empty. Day by day He fill the earth with light, water, plants, living creatures and mankind. He saw all that He had made and it is all good (Genesis 1).

Many of my friends list travelling as their interest and many have also state that they need to go for a relaxing getaway. So they went and when they are back, they share beautiful photos of them in a nice island, sipping their drink, soaking the sun, looking at the beach, enjoying sunset, going to a zoo or safari, etc.

That made me realise that indeed, God has created this earth with so much for us to enjoy. But lately, there has been many natural disaster happening all around the world. We heard of so many earthquakes, tsunami, volcano eruption, global warming so on and so forth.

God has put mankind to look after His creation, but instead, we have abused it. It's sad, but this is what we have become and I really wonder, will we be able to save this earth? Are the efforts to save the earth from further destruction enough?

Everyone has complained that the weather is getting warmer and warmer. Not sure if it's the El Nino season but the sales of air conditioners have shot up double or triple fold. If more people are using air conditioners, will the temperature rise further?

I'm doing the best that I can to help to reduce the negative impact to planet earth. I bring my own shopping bags for groceries and other stuff I bought, I have a special cabinet to separate my recyclable waste, I have a compost bin for organic waste and I want to do more if I could.

Thank God for creating the earth and us for Him to enjoy, as well as for us to enjoy.

Happy Earth Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment