July 24, 2010

Brandon Heath - Wait and See

I was born in Tennessee
Late July humidity
Doctor said I was lucky to be alive

I’ve been trouble since the day that I got here
Trouble till the day that I disappear
That’ll be the day that I finally get it right

There is hope for me yet
Because God won’t forget
All the plans he’s made for me
I have to wait and see
He’s not finished with me yet

I never really was that good in school
I talked too much, broke the rules
Teacher thought I was hopeless fool alright

I don’t know how but I made it through
It’s one of those things that you’ve gotta do
But I always had a knack for telling the truth

Chorus

Still wondering why I’m here
Still wrestling with my fear
But oh, He’s up to something
And the farther on I go
I’ve seen enough to know
That I’m, not here for nothing
He’s up to something

So now’s my time to be a man
Follow my heart as far as I can
No telling where I’m ending up tonight
I never slow down or so it seems
But singing my heart it’s one of my dreams
All I gotta do is hold on tight

Chorus



Behind the Song:
“Wait and See” is probably the most autobiographical song I’ve ever written. But I think that anybody can relate to this song, and be encouraged to know that God has a plan for us, even if we still feel like a failure at times. If we come to know Jesus as our Savior, He is going to change our hearts and lead us into a greater existence other than for ourselves. For me, the last verse of “Wait and See” is really what my journey is all about, “now’s my time to be a man, follow my heart as far as I can, no telling where I’m ending up tonight.” Most nights, I am in a hotel room and I barely know where I am, but I know that I’m doing what I am supposed to be doing. I just have to wait and see what God is going to do with the rest of the story. I’m encouraged by what He has done already, but I know that the story will continue to unfold and I’ll keep learning more about the purpose of my life.” - Brandon Heath



Making this the theme song for my birthday this year because God is definitely not finished with me yet! My birthday week is really eventful this time. Firstly we have the opportunity to open our house for lovely couple all the way from Switzerland. It's a great feeling to be able to share our home and country with them. Then in my career, God has given me an unexpected opportunity to be promoted. This is messy, but I am confident that I will be able to pull through it because God is the source of my strength and He helped me in the same exact position last year. I really need to give all the credit to God because I know I cannot do this alone without any divine intervention. My God is real! Jesus is real!

I'm sure that in the years to come that God is giving me, my life will be full of adventure with Him. The most precious gift that He has given me is this life that is surrounded with lovely people; my life partner, my family, my friends and my brothers and sisters in Christ!

He's not finished with me yet...He's not finished with me yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment