March 9, 2009

David Crowder Band - Foreverandever Etc.

Love so incredible to know
It’s never gonna go, never gonna go
Love too impossible and true
For anyone but You, for anyone but You
I think I’m on the brink of something large
Maybe like the breaking of a dawn
Or maybe like a match being lit
Or the sinking of a ship, letting go gives a better grip

I’m finding everything I’ll ever need
By giving up, gaining everything
Falling for You for eternity
Right here at Your feet, where I want to be
I am Yours

Love so indelible to know
You’re never gonna go
You’re never gonna go
Love too unthinkable and true
For anyone but You
For anyone but You

Forever and ever and ever and ever and...



Behind the Song:
'Dying is a strange concept to live by. Yet that is what we are called to, forsaking life to gain it. A close friend of mine suggests we look at it as trading up – discarding our tiny self centered story for a grander eternal one. A sinking ship is both a tragic and beautiful image when he is the ocean.' - David Crowder


Often I discover new songs I've never heard before in office. I guess office is the place where I listen to a lot of music.

Anyway, what attracted me to the song when I first heard it, is the ending of the song. It goes "Forever and ever and ever and ever...Forever and ever and ever and ever...."

I was thinking, what kind of song it this? But it's interesting song, so I checked the radio playlist. I was happy to find out that David Crowder Band performed that song and the title is somehow unique to me "Foreverandever Etc". Etc??? Haahahah..

I love the lyrics too, especially the chorus. Wondering if there will be a day where I can get to sing this in a worship session? Heheheh...

Oh, did you know that David Crowder played the keytar during the band's Remedy Club Tour? It's kinda cool, and the band brought the crowd back to the 80s with the super mario theme song and the overhead clapping (made popular by Bon Jovi). But David also mentioned something like they are going back to the past decades, but we should also look towards eternity, where we will be, hence....foreverand ever and ever and ever and ever and ever.......

WL

No comments:

Post a Comment