March 6, 2009

Newworldson - Working Man

I am a working man I get things done
Work for the Holy Ghost work for the Son
I am a working man oh yes I am
I am a special agent of the Lamb

I'm gonna wear your covering I'm gonna wear your robe
I'm wear your righteous mane everywhere I go
You're gonna light my candle Son you're gonna make it shine
You're gonna lead me to the throne
Brother testify!

I was born in the city child I was born in the north
I was born in the autumn time Lord only knows what for
I was born when leaves turn red born when things are dying
But I was born with a big ole mouth
Brother testify!



This song has a catchy reggae tune. I came accross this song in the WoW 2009 video compilation. The lyrics of the song is just simple and can be a reminder to us that we are God's stewards in everything that we do.

The last verse is kinda humorous, especially the line "I was born in the autumn time, Lord only knows what for; I was born when leaves turn red, born when things are dying" =)

There was a part of the song, in the music video where the singer did some beatboxing.

WL

No comments:

Post a Comment